- create your blog as listed in the previous entry.
- what would you like to spend at least half (maybe the whole) semester learning about?
- what field of study does it typically reside in (psychology, biology, english, art history, etc.)?
- what interests you about it?
- how will you use/incorporate the figure to explore these questions?
- what is your planned method of investigation and research?
- where will you learn about this subject?
- what media, scale, format, etc. will you use as you create your drawings?
this writing assignment will begin a half-semester project as described below (see images and link below):
- create a body of work (due at midterm, approximately October 23) in which you are asking a question, researching a new topic, learning about something you'd like to know more about.
- rather than simply creating drawings that are expressive, creative, beautiful, etc. you need to begin with the idea of learning something.
- this something does not have to be art-related, though it can be.
- find a subject that you'd like to explore, question, learn about, become familiar with through drawing.
- research it by reading, observing, and drawing.
- refine/redefine your questions about your subject.
- create more/finished drawings by midterm.
- we will discuss this in more detail in class and have scheduled one-on-one time as well as group critiques.
learning by drawing